I'm going to take some important exams next month and I am really worried about them. I can’t eat or sleep well.
I keep thinking I may get bad grades. Please help me!
① ② ③
Main parts of the two replies from the editor of the magazine Students' Life:
A. You should discuss this problem with your parents. Have you talked to your father? Surely, he misses you, too. Tell him how you feel, and perhaps he would spend more time with you. You can also ask your mother to do something fun with you when your father isn’t home.
B. You shouldn’t worry so much. If you study hard, you’ll do well. Try to relax, find time to go for walks and eat three healthy meals every day. Don’t drink coffee or tea, or you won’t be able to sleep. You d better drink a glass of hot milk before going to bed.
41. What does Jenny do?
A. A teacher B. A doctor C. An editor
42. Match the letters with the replies. Which is right?
A. ②-A;①-B B. ③-A①-B C. ③-A;②-B
43. What problem does Jim have?
A. He misses his dad.
B. He worries about his dad.
C. He has to work at weekends.
44. What may be the proper advice to Nina?
A. Turn off the TV when her brother is watching it.
B. Find programs that they’re both interested in.
C. Ask their parents to punish her brother.
45. Where do the three teenagers probably live?
A. In the US
B. In Australia
C. In the UK
【答案】41. C 42. B 43. A 44. B 45. A
43. 根据文中My dad has got a new job and he work long hours. He often has to work at weekends,
too. So we spend very little time together. I miss him.可知，这里是说吉姆想念他的父亲。
44. 根据文中My little brother refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show. Instead. he watches whatever he wants all the time可以推测，对给Nina的建议是Find programs that they’re both interested in. 找到他们都感兴趣的东西。故选B。
45. 根据文中Mary, 15 Chicago Nina, 14 New York Jim, 13 Boston可知，这些学生来自美国。故选A。