（九）【2019 • 山东省滨州市】
Dereck and Beverly are wildlife animal filmmakers（电影制片人）. They have made lots of films about animals and plants.
Their job is to keep and protect the big cats of Africa from damage（伤害）. Beverly also takes photos of the lions and her pictures have appeared in National Geographic magazines.
When they were kids, Dereck was quiet and healthy, he was good at math and science. Beverly had a twin brother. At that time, her brother and she often got their mother into trouble! Beverly was a dancer, an athlete, played the piano (not very well), and was a class leader. Her favourite subject was science and she always got excellent grades in her science exams.
When in the field, their work starts at around 4 am. After drinking a cup of tea, they drive out into a bush（灌木丛）to find their subjects. Sometimes that is a lion pride（群）. Lions are family animals, they usually live in groups of 15 or more. Sometimes that is a single leopard（花豹）. They follow the animals for the day, filming, researching, and collecting facts, information or pictures. They don’t stop working even when they have lunch. They are often back in camp by 8 pm.
When talking about the favourite places to explore, Dereck says, ＂We live in it!＂ Beverly thinks being in nature is her favourite. Dereck thinks running or taking a swim in the Okavango swamp（沼泽）-especially swimming close to crocodile（鳄鱼）is great fun, but Beverly says, ＂Swimming is fun but crazy in these waters.＂
37. From the second paragraph, we can know when they were kids, __________.
A. Dereck was outgoing
B. Beverly was quiet and healthy
C. Beverly could play the piano very well
D. Dereck and Beverly were both good at science
38. When Dereck and Beverly are in the field, the right time order（时间顺序）is that they __________.
① drink a cup of tea ② follow the animals ③ drive out ④ find their subjects
A. ①②③④ B. ①④③② C. ①③④② D. ④①③②
39. How many hours do they usually work every day?
A. Eight. B. Ten. C. Twelve. D. Sixteen.
40. What does the passage mainly talk about?
A. Animals and plants. B. The story of Dereck and Beverly.
C. National Geographic magazines. D. Dereck and Beverly’s childhood.
41. From the passage, we can infer（推断）that __________.
A. Dereck and Beverly don’t love at all
B. Dereck and Beverly are famous film stars
C. it’s safe to take a swim in the Okavango swamp
D. their work is dangerous sometimes, but they like it
37. D【解析】题意：从第二段，我们可以知道当他们还是孩子的时候，Dereck和Beverly都擅长科学。考查细节理解。根据When they were kids, Dereck was quiet and healthy, he was good at math and science. Beverly…Her favourite subject was science可知两个人都擅长科学，故选D。
39. D【解析】题意：他们通常每天工作多少小时?考查细节理解。根据When in the field, their work starts at around 4 am.和They are often back in camp by 8 pm.可知，20—4=16，故选D。
40. B【解析】题意：这篇文章主要讲了什么?考查文意理解。A. 动植物。B. 德里克和贝弗利的故事。
C. 国家地理杂志。D.德里克和贝弗利的童年。根据Dereck and Beverly are wildlife animal filmmakers. They have made lots of films about animals and plants.可知短文介绍的是德里克和贝弗利保护野生动物的故事，故选B。
41. D【解析】题意：从这篇文章，我们可以推断__________。考查细节推断。A. 德瑞克和贝弗利根本不相爱；B. 德里克和贝弗利是著名的电影明星；C. 在奥卡万戈沼泽游泳是安全的；D. 他们的工作有时是危险的，但他们喜欢它。根据最后Dereck thinks running or taking a swim in the Okavango swamp -especially swimming close to crocodile is great fun, but Beverly says, ＂Swimming is fun but crazy in these waters.＂可知疯狂是因为危险，有趣是因为喜欢，故选D。