Passage 4（2020 •盐城市）
Words are the key to language. And if you want to improve your ability to speak, listen and write in English, you have to learn lots of words. Here are some ideas to help you.
1. Recording words
Some words are more important than other words. For example, the high frequency word（高频词） “rain” is very common and can be found in a number of important expressions. For example, rainbow, raincoat, rainforest, rainy, pour with rain.. Where possible, pay special attention to the high frequency words and all their associated（有关联的）forms.
When you want to record a new word or expression, remember to write it out in an example sentence. This will give you useful information about the way the word or term is used, and the other words often associated with it. For example, a）Rain-It's been pouring with rain. b）Raincoat— I put on my raincoat.
2. Learning words
Some words are easy to learn. For example, the English word “sofa” is similar in Chinese（sha fa）. Other words are more difficult, but these ideas might help you.
Use the power of the similar sounds between words. For example, imagine you wanted to learn the word “whale”. Simply think of a word that sounds like "whale" in English or in your own language. Then, make a sentence with this word. For example, “The whale has a long tail.”
Use the power of humour! Simply make a funny sentence with the word. This will help you remember the word more easily. For example, "William the whale was using his tail to sail the boat.”
If you're really having problems learning your word, draw a picture of your funny sentence. This will really help you remember it. And the funnier the picture is, the better!
Finally, repeat the sentence many times to get it engraved（铭记）in your heart. Repetition is a fantastic way of memorizing things.
Try these methods and find your own ways to learn words and expressions.
① to learn words
You need to learn lots of words if you want to improve your English because they are the ② to language.
To ③ words
•Pay attention to the ④ frequency words and their associated forms.
To learn words
•Use the power of the similar ⑥ between words.
Find you ⑩ ways to learn words and expressions.
47. key 48. record
49. high 50. example
51. sounds 52. funny
53. Draw 54. until
46. Ways/How【解析】根据短文“And if you want to improve your ability to speak, listen and write in English, you have to learn lots of words. Here are some ideas to help you.”可知，这篇短文是告诉我们一些学习单词的方法。way方式，方法，这里应用复数形式，后面跟动词不定式作定语；how怎样，后面跟动词不定式，也符合文意。故答案为Ways/How。
47. key 【解析】根据短文开头“Words are the key to language”可知，词汇是语言的关键，因此想要学好英语，就必须学习大量的单词。key名词，关键。故答案为key。
48. record【解析】根据文章结构可知，短文从“Recording words”和“Learning words”两个方面提建议，结合图表的结构，这里是第一个方面“记录单词”。空前To是动词不定式的符号，该空应填动词原形。故答案为record。
49. high【解析】根据短文““Where possible, pay special attention to the high frequency words and all their associated（有关联的）forms.”可知，作者建议我们要特别关注高频词汇。high高的，是一个形容词。故答案为high。
50. example【解析】根据短文“When you want to record a new word or expression, remember to write it out in an example sentence.”可知，当你想记录一个新单词或表达时，记得用一个例句把它写出来。故答案为example。
51. sounds【解析】根据短文“Use the power of the similar sounds between words.”可知，这个建议是利用单词之间相似的发音。故答案为sounds。
52. funny【解析】根据短文“Simply make a funny sentence with the word.”可知，作者建议我们简单地用这个单词造一个有趣的句子。funny有趣的，滑稽的。故答案为funny。
53. Draw【解析】根据短文中“If you're really having problems learning your word, draw a picture of your funny sentence. This will really help you remember it.”可知，这个建议是把你有趣的句子画下来，这样可以帮助你记住它。故答案为Draw。
54. until【解析】根据文中“Finally, repeat the sentence many times to get it engraved（铭记）in your heart.”可知，这个建议是要不断地重复，最后达到记住它的目的。根据题干中句子的结构，这里应考查until，意为“直到……时候”，引导时间状语从句。故答案为until。
55. own【解析】根据短文最后“Try these methods and find your own ways to learn words and expressions.”，你可以尝试作者在文章中介绍的这些方法，找到你自己的方法来学习单词。own某人自己的。故答案为own。